OPEN NOTE TO KEITH ROBISON

Bert Gold bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu
Fri Jan 26 12:35:55 EST 1996

Keith,

You need to speak with George (Church) and Wally (Gilbert), your
collaborators, and see if they agree that the system is fair and
working efficiently.

If they do, then I have nothing further to say to you or them.

If they do not, then they should be calling me and Alex and
others who feel that there is are just too many shady practices
for Dr. Schactman to cover up any longer and that we
are desperately in need of a change.

Where ethics are concerned scientists must lead, not follow.
If our beloved Linus (Pauling) taught us nothing else,
he taught us this.

Bert Gold, Ph.D.
University of California, San Francisco
School of Medicine