Calorie demand and climate

Gerard Rundell 100573.2354 at CompuServe.COM
Wed Jan 31 18:29:26 EST 1996

(Possible repeat of previous message, which seems not to hav been
sent)

I am trying to find out how calorie requirement varies with climate.
 Specifically I want to know what the normal daily calorie
requirement for an adult male, an adult female, and a child of 10
would be in a temperate climate (e.g. UK) and a tropical one (e.g.
Southern Africa).  What causes the variation?

Sorry if the last version got through and I simply cannot find it
now.  Thanks very much to anyone who can help :-)