Postdoc position available

Eddy Jakobovits eddyjake at sciweb.com
Sat Jul 20 13:39:01 EST 1996

gkkostop at med.upatras.gr wrote:

>                         =========================
>                         POSTDOCTORAL   FELLOWSHIP
>                         =========================
> Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position supported by the
> European
> Union Program: Human Capital and Mobility, to investigate changes in
> thalamocortical excitability in epilepsy using electrophysiological
> techniques in
> rat brain slices.
> - The particular project conducted in the laboratory of Dr. G.
> Kostopoulos at the
> University of Patras/ Greece is part of a group effort with prominent
> laboratories
> in Paris, Berlin, Milan and Strasbourg on the general theme of
> GENELARIZED
> EPILEPSIES : ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICAL, NEUROPHARMACOLOGICAL,
> NEUROANATOMICAL AND
> ONTOGENETIC ASPECTS.
> - Position available immediately.
> - Duration of support : 12 months.
> - The laboratory is spacious, modern and adequately equiped for the
> project
> - The qualified applicant should be a citizen of any EU country
> (including
> Austria, Finland and Sweden) except Greece, have a Ph.D. degree and
> experience in
> intracellular recording techniques. Knowledge of Greek language is not
> required as
> all members of the Dept. of Physiology speak English.
> - The support includes travelling to meetings and co-operation with
> the other
> partners of the project team.
> - Send application with CV and names of 3 referees to :
>  Professor George Kostopoulos, M.D., Ph.D.
> Physiology Dept., Medical School, University of Patras, 261 10
> Greece, phone :+30
> 61-997825, 992389  fax : 30 61-997215,
> e-mail : gkkostop at med.upatras.gr

> George Kostopoulos M.D. Ph.D.           UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS
> Professor of Physiology                 MEDICAL SCHOOL
> phone: +30 61 997825, 992389            26110 Patra, Greece
> e-mail: gkkostop at med.upatras.gr         fax: +30 61 997215

Just a note to let you know that SciWeb, a new web site at:
http://sciweb.com will list post doc announcements on the site to the
Life Science community - announcements go up for free.

We also list technician openings for free and faculty
positions for $50/posting. We keep the ad up for two months unless
requested otherwise.

If you are interested, just write to: eddyjake at sciweb.com and send the
text of the post and the contact information. We will get it up within a
day for you.

SciWeb is a central repository of information and communication services
to the life science industry. SciWeb offers free access to useful
databases, employment listings, web directories, public discussion
groups and data services aiding the life sciences, the pharmaceutical,
medical diagnostics and the biotechnology industries. SciWeb provides
services for the design of web sites for interested groups and offers
low cost computer hosting facilities for secure web sites.

For more info, reach us at eddyjake at sciweb.com.

Dr. Edward B. Jakobovits, Ph.D.