Bioethics questions! Help!

M anon1167 at
Mon Jun 3 13:19:22 EST 1996

In article <199606030048.SAA21018 at>,
Hinrich Muller <hlmuller at CYBERHIGHWAY.NET> wrote:
>I need some answers to bioethical questions by Monday,
>June 3! Please help! Here are the questions:
>1. What exactly do you do in your job?

Whatever my PI tells me.

>2. What education do you have to have to be qualified
>for the job?

A well-trained chimpanzee would be qualified for this job.  Hm, maybe
even a not-so-well trained chimpanzee.

>3. What are some methods of prolonging human life
>using biotechnology? (artificial hearts, etc.)

Many studies have shown that income is correleated with life expectancy.
Therefore, one way to increas life expectancy would be to give everyone
more money.

>4. What are the estimated costs for some of these

Probably prohibitive at the current time.

>5. Do you think that people should use life-prolonging
>methods if possible?

Some people, perhaps, but as everyone knows, it's not the length that
counts, it's what you do with it that matters.

Hope this helps,