gold jewerly and anemia

Michael "P." Kolotila mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
Wed Jun 5 12:53:38 EST 1996

Hi;
One of my nutrition students asked me if the following is true.  The basi=
c scenerio
is this:  Rub an individual's face or hand with gold and if they are anem=
ia their
skin will become discolored.  I, personally, find this hard to believe; =
but several
students said that they have heard the same thing.  Since it seems to be =
a wide
spread belief, even to the point where one student says her physcian uses=
 this
as a quick test.  Is there is truth to this story.
  Thanks in advance.
   Michael
Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.
Biotechnology Program Coordinator        v-mail: 508-374-3887
Department of Natural Science               fax:     508-374-3723
Northern Essex Community College
Elliott Way
Haverhill, MA  01830

 e-mail:  mkolotila at necc.mass.edu