Cable Companies, was Re: Cable TV Descrambler $20.00

Thu Jun 6 11:56:37 EST 1996

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Jerry N. Alexandratos wrote:

> Deborah:
> 	You must have somehow missed the dozen or so posts which clearly
> stated that owning and using these descrambler boxes is legal *IF* you
> notify your cable company and pay for the channels you view.

Common sense tells us that everything inside our
houses belongs to us. If I have a cable entering
my house than all electrical signals in it are my
property.

If I have a physical mean to manipulate them
(descrambler or whatever) and 'use' them
(watch TV cable) it is completely my
business and there is nothing illegal about it.

If TV companies don't like this than they can
stop feeding their signals into MY cable. It will
be perfectly leagal for them to do so. How
(thechnically) they can do is none of my business.

Equally, if they don't like that I am stealing
(so they say) their signals using sattelite dish
intalled on MY property they are free to stop sending
them on my property.

And again, how they can do this selective screening
from cosmos is none of my concern. Let THEM invent
the means.

Alex Berezin