Original PCR paper?

Bunny Lover smccull at jurassic.fisher.calpoly.edu
Thu Jun 6 22:44:52 EST 1996

Hello,

If I wanted to reference the development and/or discover of PCR by
Mullis on a paper, does anyone knwo which reference would be best?

I've seen one in 1986 from Methods of Enzymology  and ten there's
the 1988 Science article that uses "thermostable" polymerase.

I'm not interested ind ebating Cetus' involvement or anything, just
which referecne is most appropriate. The paper is on RAPD-PCR
stuff and I'm just mentioning how PCR has changed the field of
Molecular Biology.

thanks a bunch

Scott

--
** Scott D. McCulloch(Bunny Lover)	| If we knew what we were doing,
** smccull at jurassic.fisher.calpoly.edu	| it would not be called