Information that could save your life

Mahlon G. Kelly mgk at faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU
Fri Jun 7 02:22:32 EST 1996

Joshua Oskwarek  writes:
> The importance of minerals in the diet is often overlooked.  Life-sustaining minerals are necessary for 95% of the body's daily functions.
> Although the body can function, however poorly, without vitamins, it will die withoud minerals.
>
> Soil depletion, poor crop rotation, and loss of valuable topsoil due to flooding and over-irrigation has eliminated much of the natural trace
> mineral content from our modern food supply.  In fact, many of the fruits and vegetables we consume today contain only 8 to 12 minerals.
>
> Dr. Linus Pauling, winner of two Nobel Prizes claimed,  "You can trace every sickness, every disease, and every ailment to a mineral
> deficiency".
>
> For a FREE audio cassette detailing how important minerals are to our diet,  how common deseases like heart desease, diabeties, arthritis and
> others are caused by mineral deficiencies, and what we can do about it,  send an email request with your name and address to joshua at nai.net.
>
> There is NO obligation of any sort at all.  USA and Canada only.
>
> Joshua Oskwarek

What rubbish. Is carbon a mineral? It occurs in coal. Minerals
are in everything we eat.

I suggest that the readers of this news group are fairly well
educated. They can probably spot your scam immediately.

And for that reason, I probably should not even bother to
respond. But the premises are so rediculous that I could not
resist.

Mahlon Kelly
--
Associate Professor (Emeritus)