NIH: What else but grants ?

Fri Jun 7 14:48:47 EST 1996

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Patrick wrote:

[ prev.garbo deleted ]

> The NIH does MUCH more than simply dole out grant
> funds...without them the world
> and the nation would be a less healthy place.

If you believe what you are saying then please
explain specifically:

What EXACTLY  NIH is doing EXCEPT giving out
grants ? Apparently, these (other) activities
must be truly important. Then we would like
to know about them. Please list them, let briefly
and give us ideas why and in what way they
(this 'other' activities of NIH) are useful
for the society.

This may enlighten our ignorance.

Alex Berezin