Neutral RED assays

Michael Kolotila x3887 mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
Fri Jun 7 09:49:37 EST 1996

Hi;
I used neutral red for several in yeast cidal assay.  Occassionally, I had
a preciptation problem.  As memory serves I usually made up fresh either
daily or on a weekly basis.  Also there is a neutral dye and a neutral red
stain.  I used the dye for my experiments.  I found it easier to make new
stain than to try and determine what was going wrong.  Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Michael

 Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.        * e-mail: mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
                                   *
 Biotechnology Program Coordinator *
 Department of Natural Science     * voice :  508-374-3887
 Northern Essex Community College  *
 100 Elliott Way                   * fax   :  508-374-3723
 Haverhill, MA  01830-2399         *