Lottery or Meritocracy?

Robert White rwhite at superior.carleton.ca
Sat Jun 8 15:49:24 EST 1996

In <Pine.A32.3.93.960608112744.38132A-100000 at itsa.ucsf.edu> Bert Gold <bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu> writes:
>The HIGHEST LEADERS OF AMERICAN SCIENCE have justified to me the
>$ 22,000,000 we send to CANADA.  They are foolish.  The Canadians
>don't need the money that much!  Our young scientists need it more!

Bert,

Wise Canadians rarely give a damn about anything American let alone
your thirsts for greed, but if your country is filtering in 22 million
and the deal has been signed you are SOL my friend. Wise Canadians
don't part with their money like Americans do!

;|

p.s. hell.... our government accountants hang on to money better
     than a pit bull terrier with a steak in its jaws. You don't
     stand a chance in hell of ever seeing your money again, Bert.
     Better luck next time, Eh.

CHEERS!