Please help in the Moscow<->Boston trip

kalmykov at venus.iteb.serpukhov.su kalmykov at venus.iteb.serpukhov.su
Mon Jun 10 13:51:03 EST 1996

                                            Thanks for looking at this!

Hi!
     Allow me to introduce myself.   My name is Slava .
My subject is neurochemistry and I have been running the seminar on
Theoretical Biology at the Biological Research Centre in Pushchino
(Moscow Region) for some years.
    I dream to participate in 1996 COMPUTATION and NEURAL SYSTEMS meeting
(CNS*96) to be held JULY 14-17,1996 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
          IT IS ONLY ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MEETING.

    PLEASE HELP MY TO FIND THE FUNDS FOR TRIP TO BOSTON AND BAKE FROM
MOSCOW AND FOR SOME LIVING EXPENSES DURING THE MEETING AT THIS LATE DATE

    PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY *THE E-MAIL* IF THERE IS
                        ANYTHING
THAT I CAN DO TO OBTAIN TRAVEL FUNDING AT THIS LATE DATE.

Unfortunately, the timing of the review process of CNS*96 did not allow
me to get the request to the Logovaz Conference Travel Grant Program of
International Science Foundation or to some over Foundation in time.

The CNS'96 Organizing Committee have had offered me free registration and
hotel accommodation. However, they (as and my Institute and I) do not
have the funds to cover my travel in addition.

May be you are familiar with the funding situation in Russia and with the
general difficulty of doing science here, and especially with foreign
travel.

My paper tittled "THE INTEGRAL LOGIC OF ORGANIZATION AND EVOLUTION OF THE
LIVING IS THE MOST POWERFUL INSTRUMENT FOR CREATION OF A BIOCOMPUTER AND
FOR UNDERSTANTING HOW NERVOUS SYSTEM TO COMPUTE" has been accepted as a
poster presentation.

In case of success it will be my the FIRST international meeting
participation. In addition, I have a chance to run a discussion group
"INFORMATION THEORY IN THE MAIN POINT AND COMPUTING".

Information about CNS*96:
http://www.bbb.caltech.edu/cns96/cns96.html

Information about some ideas of my paper:
SMBnet archives  in directory smb/pubs as files:
1. <README_VL_Kalmykov_FSOEL> and <VL_Kalmykov_FSOEL.tar.Z.>,
2. <README_VL_Kalmykov_ILOL> and <VL_Kalmykov_ILOL.tar.Z.>
files may be got via   ftp://ftp.ncifcrf.gov/smb/pubs/
or via      http://www.iam.ubc.ca/spider/spiros/smb/index.html

Additional information are available upon request.

Thank you very much for your help.

Vyacheslav L. Kalmykov, Ph.D.
Institute of Cell Biophysics Russian Academy of Sciences
Pushchino, Moscow Region  142292, Russia
E-mail: Kalmykov at venus.ibioc.serpukhov.su
Fax:    (0967) 79 05 09