Paradise Video Cards

Harold Drabkin harold.drabkin at channel1.com
Tue Jun 11 03:39:00 EST 1996

Have received an add for a deal on Paradise VLB video cards;  a 24 bit
for $39.95, a 64 bit for 49.95 (Surplus Software).
One of these would be replacing a god-awful DEC S3 card that I bought
before Christmas;  Its driver seems to be very sluggish and has trouble
with screen writes (weird "bits" of previous windows ends up on desktop,
etc.).

Anyways, I run on a 14 inch monitor, 640x480, 256 colors. (don't really
want to run at greater resolutions, since everything too damn small to
read!).
What will a 64 bit card get me that a 24 bit won't?, etc.  Anyone with
these cards:  do they come with software to change resolution on the
fly?

thanks in advance

cc: ALL
    ALL
    ALL
---
 * OLXWin 1.00 * Are you a Klingon, or is that a turtle on your head?