CATO, AEI, HOOVER AND OBJECTIVE REALITY

Bert Gold bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu
Sat Jun 15 13:32:43 EST 1996

William Bacon (bbacon at cqi.com) wrote:
: On Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:27:59 -0700, Bert Gold <bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu>
: wrote:
:
: [snip]
:
: >I think there really are things I can say for sure at this moment
: >are true, accurate representations of the real universe, just
: >as there are things I can say which for sure are not such
: >accurate representations.
:
: And what, exactly, is the criterion for this distinction?  Your own
: biases?

Above, Mr. Bacon, a true flat-earther, proves to us that there are
many in this country, who would today allege that my assertion that:

1) The earth is not flat.
2) Surgeons should wash between operations in order to minimize the
    spread of infection. and
3) That DNA is indeed the genetic material,

are mere biases.

Apparently we are not as civilized a species as I'd hoped.

 Bert Gold, Ph.D.                         "Seeing much, Suffering much,
 University of California, San Francisco   and studying much,
 School of Medicine                        These are the three pillars
 Program in Medical Genetics               of learning." -- Benjamin Disraeli