HOW NIH HURTS HIV RESEARCH

David Wright wright at clam.Hi.COM
Mon Jun 17 08:55:11 EST 1996

In article <4q3h00$78k at newsgate.dircon.co.uk> infobase at dircon.co.uk writes:
>Bert Gold <bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu> wrote:
>
>>Lancet (1989) Dec. 9th. 1:281-283.
>
>>A SYSTEMS ANALYST ASKS ABOUT AIDS
>>RESEARCH FUNDING
>
>>DONALD R. FORSDYKE
>
>Please could you explain why you are posting a 7 year old interview?

Mr Gold has something of a bee in his bonnet about how funding
decisions are made for medical research.  This seems to compel him to
post about it, whether or not the information is new, or, for that
matter, whether or not it belongs on the newsgroups to which he posts.

My personal opinion is that discussions of research funding are not
appropriate for sci.med and would be better directed to one of the
political or research newsgroups, but Gold disagrees.

  -- David Wright :: wright at hi.com :: Not an Official Spokesman for Anyone
       "The Internet is the bastard love-child of Thomas Pynchon and
        Cyndi Lauper."  -- Deaddog