NIH MUST REFORM OR DISBAND!

Marc Andelman drgonfly at biosource.ultranet.com
Mon Jun 17 20:37:16 EST 1996

> In a call to return to the good old days of yore, Marc Andelman
> inscribed thusly:
>
> >  Hi Bert.  If you are a devout Federalist, and are thinking
> > of becoming a Republican, please do not be offended if I
> > suggest going one better.  You should become a Confederate.

Frak  wrote;

> As a fellow slave trader (er, recruiter?) I might be tempted to raise
> the old "Stars and Bars" myself, while contemplating the positive
> influences on our business. After all, what better venue for the
> merchandising of people than the old auctions.  Why, I can hear it now:
> "Come one, come all.  We got scientists.  We gots engineers.  We gots
> technicians and CEO's.  On'y the finest.  Don' be shah folks, jes' step
> raht up and tek a look at these outstanding specimens!"

 Hi Frank.  How is everything in the sovereign state of Florida?
In truth , I believe you malign our profession by insinuating
our antecedents are the slave traders.  I prefer to think that
we oringnated in Shanghai.  Why, I think I am going to a seedy
bar where I will hit the first scientist I see over the head.
Next thing you know, he will wake up shackled to a bench working
for a PI.  Unfortunately for us, for some strange reason, too many
people volunteer without being hit over the head first.

Frank also wrote;
> Ah, but then back to reality.  I'm afraid that we may already be there,
> without knowing it.  Even the old underground railroad is operating its
> well oiled gears, except that instead of freeing slaves by sending them
> north, it's freeing workers by sending their jobs out of the country.

Frank,   We can either look at the world as one pie, or we
can go bake enough pies for everyone.

Marc.