20/20: PEER REVIEW FAILURE, HEART SURGEON GENIUS!

Chromosome Terror abrdlher at reading.ac.uk
Thu Jun 20 13:21:25 EST 1996

The operation is remarkable, indeed.
I saw a similar TV program here in Britain a couple of weeks ago, showing
the results of similar operations performed by Dr. Angelini in Bristol,
under the supervision of the brazilian surgeon... I forgot his name now.
I am not an expert, but to me it looked promising. I would call that
surgeon a genius too. However, for each genius like this one, how many
far-from-geniuses are there? And Peer-review is what stops them from
running wild.

Nach.