Collagen gels

Andreas Jordan jordan at ukrv.de
Fri Jun 21 08:03:07 EST 1996

To demonstrate growth and division of cells in a collagen matrix,
colony forming ability (CFA) is a well known method which has been
widely used as a 3D matrix to test clonogeneity of tumor cells.Since
MTT measures metabolic acitivity of mitochondria, proliferation in the
sence of cell division and growth cannot be investigated by MTT, which
is rather a cytotoxicity screening test.I recommend to use any tumor
cell line and test CFA in/on the matrix you have fabricated. By the
way, if you will publish anything on you composite membrane I would be
interested in as a probable test matrix for cell adhesion and
extravasation experiments with tumor cells.