Bert Gold's personal agenda

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.com
Thu Jun 20 23:10:22 EST 1996

In article <4qc6kh$5hq at itssrv1.ucsf.edu>,
Bert Gold <bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu> wrote:
   >I speak out because I believe my speaking out may help to make it
   >that way.
   >If I do not speak out, I feel certain things will not change in
   >the way I would like to see them change.

Whether it's the horrors of circumcision on the male psyche or the
unbearable inequity of NIH funding, it's still an off-topic
harangue in sci.med once you've said the same thing over and over
in dozens of articles.

   >Why do you begrudge me my right to speak out against injustice
   >as I see fit?

You might have a "right" to post this, but you don't have a "right"
not to be considered a crank after a certain point, and you're pretty
far along the way there, whatever the merits of your argument.
Johnny-one-notes (especially in a forum like USENET) don't seize the
imagination and usually undermine whatever goal they like to think
they're furthering.

And please spare us the "they laughed at Columbus, too" schtick.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com