Bert Gold's personal agenda

Thu Jun 20 20:32:00 EST 1996

On 20 Jun 1996, David Konerding wrote:

> Bert,  I think you have a personal agenda and are using the Usenet to
> disseminate it.
>
> Wouldn't it be better if you found a better way to vent your anger?
> it's really not appropriate to crosspost your vehement arguments all
> over the bionet and sci/med groups.
>
> I, for one, am getting really tired of your "Disband the NIH" statements.
> --
> David E. Konerding
> dek at cgl.ucsf.edu
> http://picasso.ucsf.edu/~dek

Dear Dr. Konerding,

Bert Gold, like most people who attempts to DO something
about the unfairness in research funding, may occasionally
post statements which appear off-scale. But it is infinitely
better than not to do anything at all. You may well have
different ideas what to do about the situation. Than we
all will be happy to hear your proposals. But if you have
nothing to say, than at least shut up and don't criticise
those who do have some offerings to put on the table.

Alex Berezin