AN HONEST APPRAISAL OF PEER REVIEW

Bert Gold bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu
Sat Jun 22 16:35:33 EST 1996

Dr. Gibbons,

I very much respect your giving voice to your objections to Dr. Forsdyke's
'bicameral review' funding scheme, in part because I feel he does not
provide an all-encompassing solution to the 'fairness of funding' dilemma,
either:  However, 1) I think what Forsdyke has proposed is probably better
than NIH's modified recipie for peer review which I posted here about a
week ago AND 2) I appreciate that you appear in the corner of those who
believe that honest debate about the issue should commence.
Bert Gold
San Francisco