WHAT WILL THE REPUBLICANS DO WITH NIH?

Bert Gold bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu
Sun Jun 23 08:53:08 EST 1996

In nine years, the complete DNA sequence
of the human genome will be known.

In nine years, we will probably have a Republican President.
(Republicans have been President 2/3rds of my lifetime; I am 42).

In nine years, if not before then, the Republicans will begin to
return the money used to fund NIH to the states.

 Bert Gold, Ph.D.                         "Seeing much, Suffering much,
 University of California, San Francisco   and studying much,
 School of Medicine                        These are the three pillars
 Program in Medical Genetics               of learning." -- Benjamin Disraeli