WHAT WILL THE REPUBLICANS DO WITH NIH?

Sean Eddy eddy at wol.wustl.edu
Mon Jun 24 07:49:05 EST 1996

In article <4qk35q$r48 at itssrv1.ucsf.edu> bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu (Bert Gold) writes:
  > How little you know or understand, Mr. Eddy, if you believe that
  > only NCHGR's portion of the $12 billion funds the genome effort.

Give me something substantive, Bert. Name the NIH-funded genome
sequencing or mapping centers that aren't on the NCGHR budget. Tell us
how much money you think the NIH is spending on the Human Genome
Project, since you seem to think it's a substantial fraction instead
of the few percent that I think it is. Tell me what your original
point was, when you seemed to be arguing that after the genome
sequence was known, NIH would have no mission left.

Or we into NIH conspiracy theories and accusations of money laundering
now?

I'm not going to rise to your flame bait, except to say that I suspect
I understand the human genome project a hell of a lot better than you.
If you don't have anything to say beyond the usual vague innuendo,
I'll retreat to my lurking so you and Alex can continue to grind your
axes in undisturbed cacophony.

--
- Sean Eddy
- Dept. of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine