WHAT WILL THE REPUBLICANS DO WITH NIH?

Robert White rwhite at superior.carleton.ca
Mon Jun 24 19:01:02 EST 1996

In <4qmng5$155u at itssrv1.ucsf.edu> bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu (Bert Gold) writes:

>My point is that unless the United States acts as a community,
>believing that spending money on research is worthwhile,
>because helping each other is a worthy activity,
>NIH will likely go the way of NASA.

>This is my last Usenet comment.

>Thank you for listening.  Sorry to have offended so
>many of you.  Perhaps someday you meet me, and tell me
>I once told you something important for you.

>Bert Gold
>San Francisco

Bert,

What kind of fighter could you actually be if you give in and
defer to group pressure? A very wise Jew once advised me to
'keep kicking' and if you are indeed 'worth your salt' you
would know what I mean. I personally think many of the things you
say absolutely stink, but if you are indeed an activist what the
hell are you doing with the above is beyond me???????

p.s. don't whine, Bert! Just get out there and try to accomplish
     something positive that most will benefit from, but don't
     foist this protectionism rhetoric off onto us as none of us
     appreciate egocentrism in the extreme. Think in secular fashion
     and I'm sure you will attract more converts.

btw... if this is indeed your 'last USENET posting' I believe you
       are not the individual you claim to have been!

either way it's looking like you are completely full-O-shit so far!

p.s.2... Harvard... yeah right!

Robert