Unknown Objects

X Du xiaoqiao at sclpinet.clp.com.hk
Fri Jun 28 23:31:54 EST 1996

You may be surprised that I am a metallurgist asking a question which may
be related to biology.
We recently have a copper alloy contact surface tarnished.  This contact
has been connected to a negative potential.  The tarnish was found to
have features shown in the attached bitmap file.  We usually do not
expect to see crystal growth as corrosion product grown on the negative
side.  Also, the objects contain a high amount of potassium.  So we
wonder if they are biological objects.
Have you seen these things before?  Or have you come across any
biological objects grown preferentially to a negative potential?
The insulation material connected to this contact contains very small
amounts of potassium.
Hope you can help me.
I do not know which group of biology is the best to send to, sorry about
X Du