ACTIVIST ALERT!*Very Important* Need Water Quality Data ASAP*

Rick Gold lcapt at efn.org
Sun Mar 3 14:19:49 EST 1996

From: DIRTDR at delphi.com
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 1996 09:33:53 -0500 (EST) Subject: *Very Important* Need
Water Quality Data To: lcapt at efn.org

In article <lcapt-0203961635330001 at dynip106.efn.org>, lcapt at efn.org (Rick
Gold) writes: > I am an activist in Oregon. I am doing a very important
study involving > Water Quality and Cannot trust Government Data. I am
looking for private > individuals who have done or know of someone who hsa
had their own water > quality studies done. THEY MUST BE WITHIN THE PAST
15 MONTHS!

>Thank you in advance,

>Rick Gold
>lcapt at efn.org

Rick,

What material do you suspect in your water. organics, inorganics etc.

John M. Edminster
Summit Laboratory
dirtdr at delphi.com

Dear John,

I have in hand research reports from a Umpqua Research Company in Myrtle
Creek, OR that list the following Organic chemicals in the Mckenzie
watershed (in Eugene's water supply):

2,4-D, 2,4,5-TP (Silvex), Adipates, Alachlor (Lasso), Atrazine,
Benzo(A)Pyrene, BHC-gamma (Lindane), Carbofuran, Chlordane, Dalapon,
Dibromochloropropane (DBCP), Dinoseb, Dioxin, Diquat, Endothall, Endrin,
Ethylene-Dibromide (EDB), Glphosate, Heptachlor Epoxide, Heptachlor,
Hexachlorocyclopentadiene, Methoxychlor, Pentachlorophenol, Phthalates,
Picloram, Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs), Simazine, Toxaphene, Vydate
(Oxamyl).

The list of Volitile Organic Chemicals is:

1,1-Dichloroethylene, 1,1,1-Trichloroethane, 1,1,2-Trichloroethane,
1,2-Dichloroethylene, 1,2-Dichloropropane, 1,2,4-Trichlorobenzene,
Benzene, Carbon Tetrachloride, Cis-1,2-Dichloroethylene, Dichloromethane,
Ethhylbenzene, Monochlorobenzene, o-Dichlorobenzene, p-Dichlorobenzene,
Styrene, Tetrachloroethylene, Toluene, Total xylenes,
Trans-1,2o-Dichloroethylene, Trichloroethylene, Vinyl Chloride.

Anyway, you get the idea. By-the-way, the lab reports do not tell of the
synergistically created compounds in our water! There is a great report
(Which I do not sell!) by Greenpeace entitled, "Chlorine, Human Health,
and the Environment," and I highly recommend it.

Now, a couple of questions for you, John. Why is it the labs that test for
these chemicals work on contracts from some of these very same
manufacturers developing all these interesting chemical formulations? Do
think that these labs will tell the American (or other test populations)
people about the long term effects of their chemicals? Read the Greenpeace
report John, if you can stomach it, and tell me what you think of it.

Rick

--
Light and Peace,
Check us out at: