Driscoll's (and other replies) to my post

Bert Gold bgold at cgl.ucsf.edu
Fri Mar 8 10:41:31 EST 1996

Your rationalizations for current behavior of our leaders can be
characterized as 'cynical'.

Believe it or not, coercion and duplicity are not now and were not
ever a legitimate response to the meaning of democracy.

I doubt your rhetoric reinforcing the '... this is how it has
always been...' theory is:

1) True
or
2) Advances us as a civilization, even if it is True.

Only when we LOUDLY PROTEST the DISINGENUOUS WORDS AND ACTIONS
of our perceived leaders (INCLUDING OFFICERS OF THE COURT)
will we make progress toward an egalitarian society.

Bert Gold
San Francisco