weekly schedules in semesters

David DeGroote degroote at tigger.stcloud.msus.edu
Tue Mar 19 20:05:57 EST 1996

We are converting from the quarter system to semesters in the fall of 98
I would very much appreciate information on the following.
Credit number for lecture only classes:  3    or    4
Credit number of lecture and lab classes:  3   or   4    or   5
In general the number of lecture sessions and lab sections per week_____
How long is a lecture session ______min
How long is a lab session ________min
Are meeting session across the university all the same time duration?

The issue is a change from the 50 min meeting times to a 75 min block for
Tuesdays and Thursdays and 65 min block for M, W, and F.

If you have the time I would be interested in the following
Credits to graduate
Credits in the Biology major
Credits in the Biology minor( if you have one)
Number of courses/credits required from Biology
Number of courses/credits required outside of Biology
Number of weeks in a semester

I would very much appreciate any imput on these matters.
Please return response via personal e-mail (save bandwidth) to:
degroote at tigger.stcloud.msus.edu

Since most of the rest of the US 28k out of 33k institutions are on
semesters I apologize if this seems silly.  In Minnesota all the state
institutions are on quarter so we don't have any handy models.

Thanks in Advance
David DeGroote
University Semester Conversion Committee
St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud, MN
phone (320) 2553065
PS: if you know someone how has worked on semester conversion please
repost this message to them.
david