PhD problem

Gavin Fischer gfish at bu.edu
Wed Mar 20 09:57:16 EST 1996

Suprisingly- the sciences are going through the same hard times as
everyone else in the world in most fields are going through. There
really aren't too many concerns (none that I can think of) that we
have that other lines of work don't have. Everyone is "downsizing"
all over the place. Job stability is a relic of the past- why should
sciences be different?
Demanding that we be treated better than they just leads to the rest
of the world thinking that scientists are spoiled brats.

Gavin Fischer
BU program in Immunology