The Fleecing of America by Biomedical Research Administration

Bert Gold bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu
Mon Mar 25 21:01:37 EST 1996

Shinbrot finally got to the core of it:  TEACHING must pay for TEACHING
at UNIVERSITIES:  RESEARCH must pay for RESEARCH and CLINICAL MEDICINE
must pay for itself.

Without Government Support, NO UNIVERSITY (OR HOSPITAL OR MEDICAL
SCHOOL) CAN FUNCTION.

GET THAT TRUTH STRAIGHT:  Then we can discuss how my tax dollars
are best spent!!!! (And my tuition dollars, and my health insurance
dollars).

 Bert Gold, Ph.D.                         "If only we stay with that principle
 University of California, San Francisco   which counsels us always to hold
 School of Medicine                        to the difficult, then that which
 Department of Pediatrics                  now seems to us most foreign, will
 Program in Medical Genetics               become what we most trust and
 (415) 476-2850                            find most faithful." - R.M. Rilke