The Fleecing of America by Biomedical Research Administration

Allen Adler adler at pulsar.wku.edu
Tue Mar 26 14:44:26 EST 1996

In article <4j7j61$207d at itssrv1.ucsf.edu> bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu (Bert Gold) writes:

>   Shinbrot finally got to the core of it:  TEACHING must pay for TEACHING
>   at UNIVERSITIES:  RESEARCH must pay for RESEARCH and CLINICAL MEDICINE
>   must pay for itself.
>
>   Without Government Support, NO UNIVERSITY (OR HOSPITAL OR MEDICAL
>   SCHOOL) CAN FUNCTION.
>
>   GET THAT TRUTH STRAIGHT:  Then we can discuss how my tax dollars
>   are best spent!!!! (And my tuition dollars, and my health insurance
>   dollars).
>
>    Bert Gold, Ph.D.

Question 1: Have you, Sir, determined where Rush Limbaugh stands on
            this issue?

Question 2: Is the preference for majuscules an attempt to get
            even with e.e.cummings?

Question 3: Why do you feel it is necessary to attach "Ph.D." to your
            name? Don't you have confidence in the ability of your
            arguments to stand on their own?

Allan Adler
adler at pulsar.cs.wku.edu