SMOKE, FIRE and MIRRORS

Bert Gold bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu
Wed May 1 17:29:34 EST 1996

Oh, Greg, I have one other comment on your basketball analogy:

If the NBA had been as foolish as to fix prices the way NIH

and NSF has fixed grants, they would be defending themselves

against Janet Reno in Federal Court.

Bert Gold
San Francisco

Bert Gold (bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu) wrote:
: Greg Harriman,

: IF we were working in an honest Meritocracy, I would agree with you.

: We are not!!!!!

: In January, I attempted to apply for a grant which had been awarded
: BEFORE it was ANNOUNCED.

: Dr. Varmus knew all about it.

: WE ARE NOT WORKING IN ANY SORT OF A JUST SYSTEM; Just a greedy,
: corrupt, nepotistic one.

: Bert Gold
: San Francisco

: Gregory R. Harriman (gregoryh at bcm.tmc.edu) wrote:
: : In article
: : <Pine.SOL.3.91.960430221738.18365A-100000 at mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA>,