Interview request: Maintaining a happy, productive, lab

Robert Finn finn at nasw.org
Mon Nov 4 13:56:57 EST 1996

I am a free-lance science writer and a contributing editor at The
Scientist, "the newspaper for the life sciences professional."

For an article in an upcoming issue of The Scientist, I wish to
interview life scientists who can discuss the things that make a
research lab happy and productive -- and the things that may  make a
lab unhappy or unproductive.

I'd like to interview people who have some insight into these issues
by virture of one of the following characteristics:

1. People who have explicitly studied lab managment.

2. Scientists who have managed or worked in particularly happy,
productive labs who are willing to discuss their experiences.

3. Scientists who have managed or worked in especially UNhappy or
UNproductive labs who are willing to discuss their experiences.  I am
willing to offer anonymity to people and labs in this category.

I will be conducing telephone interviews on this subject for the next
several days.  If you are interested in being interviewed, please send
me e-mail (finn at nasw.org) telling me a bit about yourself and your
connection to this topic. Include your phone number and let me know
the best times to reach you.

Thanks for your help.

Bob Finn
finn at nasw.org