H2O Condensation - or a Sky Spring

Cynthia Donahey cdonahey at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Fri Nov 15 13:07:04 EST 1996

Sometime ago, I read a very interesting article about a renmote village
along the South American coast.  They lived in a region where fresh water
was almost non-existent.  A bath was a unheard of luxury.  Anyway,
someohow they had trapped the moisture coming up from the ocean and
condensed it somewhere near the village.  I remember some comments being
made about wasted drips of waters.  In an off way, they seemed to be
talking about a new kind of spring.  Can anyone pin this down a little.
What is going on currently?  Most springs overflow with resulting mosses,
ferns, and wildflowers.  Some cut out pieces of polyurethane foam (filled
with dirt) around this spring might be nice.  They could even plant mints.