Phone Companies petition FCC to charge for phone access to ISPs.

Anonymous bo at luke.duke.edu
Sat Nov 16 19:36:25 EST 1996

I have heard through and e-mail to me that on thursday a news program
was aired in Denver that said that the major phone companies are
petitioning the FCC to charge all persons for their connections to an
ISP.

This would mean that you would have to pay per minute fees to a phone
company for a connection to your ISP, even when there may be few other
local charges.

This could very seriously cut into the availability of the internet to
all users across the board.

The person who e-mailed me told me to write your congressman, senators,
and the like.

fccinfo at fcc.gov

Thank you.