Help: T.E.M. embedding technique

Thomas Hoffmann tom3172 at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 19 21:59:41 EST 1996

I'm new at Transmission Electron Microscopy, and am having difficulty with
infiltrating a collagen fiber for thin sectioning.  I've used LR White and Polybed
812, both with extended infiltration times, but without success.  Even with a
diamond knife I cannot get complete sections.  I have been able to get .8um
sections for the light microscope (using a glass knife), but even they are
inadequate with numerous tears.  If you could e-mail me with suggestions or even
where to find the appropriate newsgroup or web site, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,

Tom
tom3172 at worldnet.att.net