Help with neonatal abdominal situs inversus

William Tivol tivol at news.wadsworth.org
Fri Nov 22 16:56:57 EST 1996

Charles (Chip) Sagaser (csagaser at ast.lmco.com) wrote:
: My daughter was just born at Swedish in Denver, CO with abdominal situs
: inversus with aspleenia.  She is at home and doing well, but I'm
: concerned with the her reduced ability to battle bacterial infections.
: She will be seeing a hemotologist about this.  I would appreciate any
: information I can get regarding both her aspleenia and abdominal situs
: inversus.  Please email your responses to me at csagaser at ast.lmco.com

Dear Chip,
	I know very little about this problem; however, I know someone
being treated for Hodgkin's disease who underwent a splenectomy and has
similar concerns about bacterial infections.  Although she had her spleen
throughout her chidlhood, there may be some common aspects to your daugh-
ter's situation.  There may be a Hodgkin's group somewhere on the net
which you could contact profitably.  Good luck.
				Yours,
				Bill Tivol