Enzymes #2

Melissa M mirage at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 30 17:30:07 EST 1996

Hello,

I am still a little unclear about a few things. Okay is this right? An
enzyme cannot function unless here is a co-factor along with it (why is
that) There are two different
co-factors metal ions and co-enzyme. There is something that causes a
reduction to occur. What is that process called?? And also how does ATP
and NAD and NADH evolve? I do not understand this. It seems from my
reading that they suddenly evolve, no chemical reactions what so ever?

If you could help me it would be ever so appreciated for I have a test on
this on Tuesday!!!

Melissa