MEASURE CARDIAC OUTPUT IN RATS & MICE

PG physiology at colinst.com
Tue Oct 1 09:39:29 EST 1996

First ever measurements of cardiac output (C.O.)in mice were
performed by scientists of Columbus Instruments. These
measurements followed the thermodilution method using
CARDIOMAX computer equipped with F #1 thermodilution
microprobes. Measurements were performed by injection of 15
microliters of room temperature injectate (saline) into the vena
cava through the right external jugular vein. The thermodilution
microprobe was inserted into the aortic arch through the left carotid
artery. Several subsequent measurements of C.O. can be performed
at an interval of 2 to 3 minutes with consistent and repetitive results.
The same CARDIOMAX computer can be used for any animals
starting from mice to horses. If you are interested in receiving more
information for your research, please provide me your street address.
I will be happy to mail you all necessary information.

GHOSH