JURASSIC PARK ?!?

Jerry Learn learn at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 11 11:22:59 EST 1996

In article <53k78e$388_001 at gn1.noord.bART.nl>, kammenga at noord.bart.nl (Bas
Kammenga) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know why they try to rebuild dinosaurs from millennia ago,
>
>and not try it first with lately died species like the DODO??

<<more sensible stuff snipped>>

Okay, Bas, I'll take the bait.  The truth is that Jurassic Park was a
fictional movie, based on a work of fiction by a novelist, Michael
Crichton.  Furthermore, at least in the US, dinosaurs have much broader
mass appeal, than dodos or mammoths.  Tough to figure that one out, eh?

_____

Jerry Learn

Research Associate

Dept. of Microbiology             | Learn at u.washington.edu
University of Washington          | Phone: (206) 616-4286
Box 357740                        |
Seattle, WA  98195-7740  USA      |   FAX: (206) 616-1575