Jerry Learn learn at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 11 11:22:59 EST 1996

In article <53k78e$388_001 at gn1.noord.bART.nl>, kammenga at noord.bart.nl (Bas
Kammenga) wrote:

>Does anyone know why they try to rebuild dinosaurs from millennia ago,
>and not try it first with lately died species like the DODO??
<<more sensible stuff snipped>>

Okay, Bas, I'll take the bait.  The truth is that Jurassic Park was a
fictional movie, based on a work of fiction by a novelist, Michael
Crichton.  Furthermore, at least in the US, dinosaurs have much broader
mass appeal, than dodos or mammoths.  Tough to figure that one out, eh?

Jerry Learn

Research Associate

Dept. of Microbiology             | Learn at u.washington.edu
University of Washington          | Phone: (206) 616-4286
Box 357740                        |
Seattle, WA  98195-7740  USA      |   FAX: (206) 616-1575