Ion-free water for human consumption?

z un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 21 04:49:47 EST 1996

In artikeltje  <53pg3m$1mbm at news.doit.wisc.edu>,  Sun, 13 Oct 96 02:18:53 GMT,
klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu  zei:...

>#>   cbenson at CSWNET.COM (H.C. Benson) wrote:
>#
>#>->My interest is in deuterium oxide which contaminates all terrestrial
>#>->water supplies at a ratio ranging from 1:5000 to 1:7000.  It is a puzzle
>#>->to me why so little research has been done on the deleterious effects of
>#>->exposure to these concentrations over the human lifespan.
>#>->H. C. Benson                 cbenson at cswnet.com
>#
>#>So, what's wrong with heavy water and why would it be deleterious?
>#
>#Well replacing H2O with D2O in the body is fatal at a certain
>#concentration, but I seem to recall it being somewhere around either 1% or
>#10% of the total water in your body.
> ^^^ this one is closer.
>
>And that's what I meant. All water on earth has heavy water content on the
>order of 10e(-3) - far from 10e(-1) where it's known to be bad. In other
>words, our water supplies have enough crap to warrant to not worry
>about heavy water.
>
>- Dima

isn't this discussion a waste of time ? (it also has nothing to do with
the question that I initially posted either, so I changed the subject line).
As ALL the water on earth has some D2O in it, it also means that organisms are
completely adapted to it. Therefore I would be more worried if somebody would
start to remove these D2O traces...

Trim your headers.