Pepsi and Coke as toilet cleaners

Brian C. Lee bclee at access4.digex.net
Sun Oct 27 18:13:50 EST 1996

Some carbonated soft drinks have fair amount of phosphoric acid, which can
help loosen corroded metal and dissolve various minerals in the water
deposits.  However, they are not very quick acting.  They also have the
potential for staining the ceramic brown.

Cynthia Donahey (cdonahey at freenet.columbus.oh.us) wrote:
:
: I read an article in the frugal living bulletin board about using the
: colas as toilet cleaners.  They're supposed to dissolve hardened material,
: etc.  I suppose they're biodegradable.  How do they work - anyone?

bclee at access.digex.net     brian.lee at iaibbs.org
Miscellaneous Et Cetera    Potomac, MD  USA