The memory of water...

Sanjay Palnitkar palnitka at umdnj.edu
Tue Sep 3 09:20:04 EST 1996

berezin at MCMAIL.CIS.MCMASTER.CA (Alexander Berezin) writes:

>On 30 Aug 1996, FRANCISCO J HERNANDEZ BLAZQUEZ fzea - zab 0195 616122 - 283 wrote:

>> On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, daniel alexander wrote:
>>
>> > A friend of mine saw a documentary on this and asked me to find out
>> > something about it...I was rudely sceptical, but does anyone know
>> > where I can find something to put his mind at rest? Cheers
>> > Reply to  alexandd at vax.sbu.ac.uk
>> >

>> I saw something ......
>> Somewhere........
>> But I don't remember, my memory is a bit fluid, sorry :-)
>>

>There is a quite a development in this area.
>(memory effect in water). You can look for:
>'Ultra High Dilution' (Physiology and Physics),
>Eds. P.C. Endler, J. Schilte,
>Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1994
>**********************************
>Alexander A. Berezin, PhD
>Department of Engineering Physics
>McMaster University, Hamilton,
>Ontario, Canada, L8S 4L7
>tel. (905) 525-9140 ext. 24546
>e-mail: BEREZIN at MCMASTER.CA
>**********************************

I vaguely remember an article in 'Nature' a few years ago regarding
memory in water, specifically dealing with water able to retain 'memory'
of antibodies upon extensive dilutions wherein theoretically no antibody
molecule would be present.  There was a lot of hue and cry about this
article (One of the authors was Benveniste, not sure of the spelling) and
a lot of controversy!  I guess John Maddox had sent an investigative team
to check the findings.  Believe it was later found not to be true!!!

Sanjay

Sanjay Palnitkar PhD
Department of Anesthesia
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
New Brunswick, NJ