scip4161 at leonis.nus.sg
Fri Sep 27 02:44:01 EST 1996
Name : Liu, Gang
Sex : Male
Place of Birth : Beijing, China
Nationality : P. R. China
Birth Date : 24th July 1970
Dept. of Infomation Systems and Computer Science,
Faculty of Science,
Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119260.
Republic of Singapore
Email : liugang at iscs.nus.sg or scip4161 at nus.sg
Phone : (65)772-6136 (Business)
Fax : (65)779-4580
Seeking employment opportunity as Software Engineer or System Analyst.
Can be relocated to North America, Singapore or Beijing.
Visa wanted: H-1B
· Years of experience in Internet programming using TCP/IP.
· Author of a full-fledged next-generation WWW-based Database System
running on Windows95 and Windows NT,
which has Server API , WinCGI, and provides connectivity to all kinds of
· Experience of writing servers and Clients of HTTP, FTP, SMTP/POP3,
· Experience of Java network programming, Visual C++ Multi-thread (Win32,
· Experience of design and implementation of SYBASE Client/Server and
ODBC compatible database systems.
· Experience of design and development of GUI on MS Windows, X-Window
· Experience of advanced UNIX inter-process communication programming
· Team player, fast learner. Young, creative, enthusiastic, accustomed to
fast-paced, high-tech environment, skilled in
cross-culture communication, good inter-personal skills
Date of Birth: July 24 1970
Citizenship: P. R. China
Immigration Status in Singapore: Student
3/95-present M.S. in Dept. of Information Systems and Computer Sci., NUS
Thesis Topic: "Integrating Databases into the WebThe STOW System"
The goal of this project is to enable remote users to access database via
Web browsers.The features of the gateway are:
1. High erformance using Server API
2. High flexibility and extensibility using a componet-based
3. Persistent connection with the DBMS for each client
4. Remot multimedia data entry
5. Client-side data entry validation
6. Soft WWW database application and flexible HTML output
7. Support of complex SQL queries, including sub-queries.
8. Database independence. It can connect to virtually any DBMS. It
can also interact with multiple
heterogeneous DBMS simutaniously.
9. Load balancing.
10. Backward compatibility. The system can cooperate with any
stock httpds on any platforms simutaniously.
11. Portability. Although the system is implemented on Windows 95,
it can also run on Windows NT and be
ported to other platforms.
9/1989-7/1993 B. Engineering in Dept. of Computer Sci. and Engineering,
Beijing University of Aeronautics and
Astronautics GPA 3.7/4.0
Project Topic: " Sybase Chinese Report Automatic Generator"
1994 Sybase System Administration and Application Development Course and
Development Course by Sybase Inc., Beijing
Research Scholarship 3/1995-present National University of Singapore
7/1993-3/1995 Engineer Software Engineering Center, Chinese
Academy of Sciences
1993-1995 "Beijing Population MIS" Designed and implemented the largest
Sybase Database system in China with
Tools: BSD Sockets, DB Library C API, Visual C/C++, PowerBuilder, Visual
Platforms: Windows 3.1, Motif, VMS
Assembly(80286, Zilog), Shell,
Prolog, LISP, BASIC, COBOL
Windows 3.11, 95, NT, UNIX, VMS, DOS.
Sybase, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Access, dBase, Foxpro, Paradox, mSQL
Visual J++, ActiveX, Visual C/C++(Microsoft MFC), Borland C/C++(OWL),
CGI, ISAPI, NSAPI, Microsoft Internet API, BSD Sockets, WINSOCK, SYBASE
Open Client DB Libarary API for C
TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, NNTP
Chairman of Computer Committee of Eusoff College, National University of
I have always been very excited about Internet technology. I am
fascinated by being able to combine technology with
creativity to develop innovative solutions for the next century.
Following the Personal Computers, World Wide Web
brings another revolution to computer industry. I have been very strongly
attracted to the Internet and Web and hope to
discover what I can do with them.
Feel free to mail me : liugang at iscs.nus.sg.
More information about the Bioforum