1000s of completely free term papers

Tue Apr 1 14:56:17 EST 1997

On 1 Apr 1997, John Collins wrote:

> JPM: If these accusations are directed towards me, then you may be guilty of
> libel.  All I did was point out three small errors in your previous message.
> -JHC
>

> On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, James P. Mone wrote: > Is this the best response you
> can muster? What defense do you offer to > justify your activity.  People
> like you > undermine all that is sacred to the educational process.  Worms
> like you > do a serious disservice to the educational process by
> encouraging students > to cheat.  I have never caught one of my students
> PLAGIARIZING written > material, but they all know that I will be
> merciless in my pursuit of > punishment of such activity. > Jay Mone
>
> > On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, John Collins wrote: > > > receive, not recieve > >
> destructive to, not destructive of > > plagiarism, not plagarism

Dear Dr. Collins:

I think you should be more gentle towrads Dr. Mone. I can
understand his (Dr. Mone's) frustration with your reply.
He pointed out a serous AND GROWING problem of using
(misusing) Intenet for short cuts and intellectual
shoplifting in education - the theme which is important to
many of us who do teaching (and do value this part of our
activity). And all you apparently have found in Dr. Mone's
message is picking on few mispels which we all know very
common to most using e-mail (not all have/use spellchecks).

You'd better comment on the essense of the problem: what
are YOUR constructive suggestions how the problem can be
addressed ? (I have mine, but refrain in this poster, and
only post them if this tread will go any serious).

Yours truly
Alexander A. Berezin, PhD
Department of Engineering Physics
McMaster University, Hamilton,