Free practical programs for molecular biologists !!!

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Apr 9 09:39:10 EST 1997

Rolf Kocherhans (rolfk at vetvir.unizh.ch) wrote:
> I wrote a few practical and simple to use programs which facilitate your
> daily work in the lab such as predicting the size of DNA fragments after
> digestion (graphical) with restriction enzymes.

I believe that it is a gross violation of netiquette that you make
these announcements on a weekly basis to almost all of the bionet
groups that I read. These announcement qualify as spam. If you don't
know what spam is, read the spam faq. Basically, it is repeated
posting of the same message above a certain level.

(You did the following postings:
 - to bionet.biophysics on Mar 18, Mar 25, Mar 31 and Apr 8
 - to bionet.cellbiol on Mar 25, Mar 31 and Apr 8
 - to bionet.general on Mar 25, Mar 31 and Apr 8
 - to bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts on Mar 18, Mar 25, Mar 31 and Apr 8
 - to bionet.molbio.proteins on Mar 25, Mar 31 and Apr 8
 - to bionet.software on Mar 25, Mar 31 and Apr 8
 - to bionet.software.www on Mar 25

 None of these postings are crosspostings, therefore the Breidbart Index
 is 21 which means that any future postings of the same announcement
 until the end of April are theoretically cancellable.)

I would kindly ask you to reduce your posting frequency down to once
a month and also restrict yourself to less crossposting. Otherwise,
I will have to inform your system administrator.

Sincerely,
--Cornelius.