Testosterone vs. Growth Hormone

Nathan Burnette nburnett at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Fri Apr 18 01:39:13 EST 1997

I am looking for desperate answers.

Suppose a person has low testosterone levels and high LH levels.  This
strongly indicates that the problem of not producing testosterone is at
the testicular level.  This problem can be corrected by taking
testosterone doses.

1)  If this person is still growing, would the addition of testosterone
initiate any additional growth?

2)  Would the addition of growth hormone (GH) along with testosterone be
a better way to initiate growth or would testosterone be enough.  In
other words, would GH be recommended to speed up the process or is
testosterone simply enough to accomplish additional growth?

I am particularly looking for answers to question #2.  I'm looking for
answers as if this person has NORMAL GH levels to begin with.  I would
also like to know that if this person's GH levels are low to begin with,
what is the recommended treatment.  In particular, what is the
recommended treatment for a person who is approaching an age where he
will soon stop growing (age 22 or so).

Any answers or suggested newsgroups to post this would be greatly
appreciated.

Nathan
nburnett at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu