Announcement: Web Science Workshop

Lucy Arlene Snyder lusnyde at ucs.indiana.edu
Tue Apr 29 20:09:44 EST 1997

The World Wide Web holds incredible possibilities for expanding the
educational options of both life science/chemistry instructors and their
students.  Unfortunately, not everyone already knows how to effectively
implement this new technology in the classroom.  Different people have
different problems:

* Some people don't know how to find useful Internet resources.
* Some don't know how to use the information and software they find.
* Some have balky computers that just won't let them get connected.
* Some would like to create a Web site, but don't know how to get started.
* Some don't know how to help students get interested in learning with
technology.

If you have these or other questions about fitting the Internet into your
classroom, we'd like to invite you to attend the 1997 Midwestern Web
Science Workshop on the Indiana University (Bloomington) campus.  At this
hands-on workshop, we will present solutions to all these problems and
more.

The workshop begins on Friday, June 20 and continues through June 22.  In
these three days of short sessions, you'll learn valuable skills from our
instructors, who range from award-winning IU science faculty to Web
developers who have created top-rated science education sites.  More
important, the small size and personal instruction of these sessions will
give you valuable practice using the skills you learn.

The workshop fee is $90 Ñ housing and meals are not included.  Space is
limited to 100 people, on a first-come-first-serve basis, and the
registration deadline is June 2.

Upon receipt of your payment, we'll mail you a registration packet with a
map and directions to the site, details about the sessions, and other
information.  To get a registration form and more information, call (812)
855-4121, e-mail feedback at biotech.chem.indiana.edu, or check out the
conference Web page at http://biotech.chem.indiana.edu/conference/.

  Lucy A. Snyder                     |  This universe is packed by weight,
  BioTech project editor             |  not by volume.  Some expansion
  http://biotech.chem.indiana.edu    |  of the contents may haveoccurred
  biotech.chem.indiana.edu/~lusnyde/ |  during shipping.