What is a proper measure for a good scientist?

Noam Shormon nshomron at NETVISION.NET.IL
Sun Feb 9 17:39:40 EST 1997

I have currently graduated from a Biotechnology degree at a University in
Australia. I have a military background as an officer and some lab
experience as well (about 2 months with extremely good references).
Unfortunately I could not memorize "The Cell" by Alberts et al (or any
other text book) and therefore my GPA is just below 3.0 (although at the
Uni I studied even that is hard to achieve). While I am searching for a
job, or appling for further studies, the only measure for accepting me are
my previuos marks.
IS THAT FAIR???!!!

Thank you.