Royal Society/NATO postdoc fellowships

Andrew Wallace a.wallace at qub.ac.uk
Tue Feb 11 06:04:05 EST 1997

I am looking for candidates from NATO cooperation countries to apply
jointly with me to THE ROYAL SOCIETY/NATO POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
PROGRAMME. If we are successful, the candidates will receive an award to
work in my laboratory here in the UK for up to 12 months.

Closing date for applications is 15 April 1997.

POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTISTS from ONLY THE FOLLOWING NATO cooperation partner
countries are eligible:

Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic,
Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania,
Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Tajikstan,
Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and the Former Yugoslav Republic of
Macedonia.

Under this programme, fellowship holders receive an award which covers
living costs in the UK, together with a contribution towards travel
costs and research expenses.

I am particularly interested to hear from candidates in the following
fields:

1. Intracellular signalling pathways.
2. Recombinant protein expression and mutagenesis.
3. Mammalian cell culture.
4. Combinatorial libraries (phage display, peptide libraries, etc.).
5. Solid-phase organic chemistry.

For details of my own research interests, please consult the web address
in the signature of this message.

Andrew